SPORTS MASSAGE THERAPY
Whether you want to relax and unwind
or prepare for the next event.
“Touch the body. Calm the mind. Heal the spirit.”
WHAT IS SPORTS MASSAGE?
Sports and Deep Tissue Massage involves the assessment and then treatment of the soft tissues in the body such as muscles, tendons, ligaments and connect tissue.
The treatment uses techniques to alleviate the stresses and strains that build up in the body during recreational and occupational activity. By reducing these soft tissue and muscle lesions the massage helps to restore or enhance the body’s function.
Sports and Deep Tissue Massage is often seen as an essential element for optimising sports training and rehabilitation process, which is why the Prime Health Massage Therapists liaise closely with their medical and allied therapy colleagues.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS?
Physiological effects of Sports and Deep Tissue massage:
• Breaking down scar tissue
• Accelerating soft tissue healing
• Increasing blood circulation
• Increasing lymph flow in limbs
• Improving muscle flexibility and contractibility
• Helping to reduce heart rate and blood pressure
• Stimulating the production of endorphins (the body’s natural opioids)
Some specific problems Sports and Deep Tissue Massage can be used for
• Pre activity/competition muscle and soft tissue conditioning
• Post training/ competition muscle fatigue
• General Backache
• Tension Headaches
Massage Therapy is safe and effective when performed by a qualified practitioner. All the Prime Health Massage Therapists are fully trained and experienced in these treatments.
MEET OUR SPORTS MASSAGE THERAPIST