January 2021 Update On Prime Health Services During UK Lockdown
Following the announcement by UK Prime Minister, Boris Johnson, that the UK will go into Lockdown from Tuesday 5 January 2021, we can confirm that our site remains open and fully operational, and all appointments and services will continue as normal.
During this worrying time, we would like to remind all of our patients, partners and staff that it is more important than ever that all healthcare issues are addressed and not left to worsen due to worries about Covid-19, and would like to reassure you all of the measures we have in place to support your health, safety, and wellbeing.
With the stringent infection prevention protocols that we have in place, our diagnostic centre is classified as a Green Zone. A Green Zone is defined by NHS England as medium or low-risk areas within a healthcare setting with no suspected cases of COVID-19 present.
In order to maintain that classification, we have a number of measures in place across all centres:
- Social distancing is in place throughout all waiting areas within the centre
- Appointment screening checks for all patients prior to arrival at Prime Health
- For patients who are shielding or would prefer to not visit the centre, we can offer virtual appointments
- Rigorous and regular cleaning and disinfection throughout the centre
- PPE for all staff and patients required to wear masks at all times
- Enhanced PPE measures for extended close contact procedures
- Hand sanitiser stations throughout our centre for staff and patients
- Extended time between appointments to allow for social distancing and cleaning
- Clinical oversight of all measures by our Chief Medical Officer – Dr Paul Zollinger-Read CBE
- Weekly updates direct from NHS England
If you have a specific question relating to our services during this time, whether you are an existing or new patient, please do not hesitate to get in touch. Our friendly team are available to help and assist with any enquiries you may have on the phone or via email.