Do x-rays have side-effects?
X-rays provide such a low dose of radiation that they are not believed to cause any immediate health problems. The radiographer is responsible for making sure that the radiation dose is kept as low as possible and that the benefits of the x-ray outweigh any risk.
Prime Health gives you fast access to the latest digital x-ray technology. The experience is built around you...
- View and download our Patient Leaflet for an X-ray at Prime Health
- When will I get the results of my x-ray?
- Can I eat and drink after an x-ray?
- How long does an x-ray take?
- What happens during the x-ray?
- Who will I see during my x-ray appointment?
- What will happen at my x-ray appointment?
- Can I bring a relative or friend to my x-ray appointment?
- Do I need to make any special preparations for an x-ray?
- Does having an x-ray have any risks?