Does an ultrasound scan feel uncomfortable?
Ultrasound itself does not produce discomfort and apart from the sensor on your skin you will not feel anything. If you’ve been asked to come to the centre with a full bladder, it may be a little uncomfortable. Similarly, if we need to apply pressure over an inflamed organ (such as your gallbladder), you may feel some discomfort while that’s being done.
- When will I get the results from my ultrasound scan?
- Can I eat and drink after my ultrasound scan?
- What will happens during my ultrasound scan?
- Can I bring a relative/friend to my ultrasound scan appointment?
- Do I need to prepare or do anything differently before my ultrasound scan appointment?
- How long does an ultrasound take?
- What will happen before my ultrasound?
- Are there any risks or side-effects from an ultrasound scan?
- Who will perform my ultrasound?
- Does Prime Health provide ultrasound scans for pregnant women?