What will happen at my x-ray appointment?
Our staff will show you where to wait and the radiographer will explain the procedure for your examination and show you to a private cubicle if you need to remove your garments. You may be asked to put on a clean gown which will be provided.
The radiographer will ask you to confirm that you are happy for the x-ray to go ahead. This is a form of verbal consent and may only involve the radiographer checking you are booked for the correct x-ray. If you do not wish to have the x-ray or are undecided, please discuss it with the radiographer – they can answer any questions you may have.
Prime Health gives you fast access to the latest digital x-ray technology. The experience is built around you...
- When will I get the results of my x-ray?
- Can I eat and drink after an x-ray?
- Do x-rays have side-effects?
- How long does an x-ray take?
- What happens during the x-ray?
- Who will I see during my x-ray appointment?
- Can I bring a relative or friend to my x-ray appointment?
- Do I need to make any special preparations for an x-ray?
- Does having an x-ray have any risks?
- What is an x-ray?