Are there any side-effects from an MRI scan?
There aren’t any side-effects from the MRI scan itself. However, if you’ve had an injection of contrast medium (dye) as part of the investigation, you may have some side-effects which might include a skin rash, dizziness, a headache, and nausea. Your radiographer will discuss these with you will and answer any questions you may have before the procedure.
Prime Health gives you fast access to the latest MRI expertise and 3T technology so you can get diagnosed and ...
- When will I get the results of my MRI scan?
- What happens after my MRI scan?
- What are the safety and security procedures at my MRI appointment?
- Who will I see at the appointment for an MRI scan?
- What is an MRI?
- What happens at an MRI scan?
- How long does an MRI scan take?
- Do I need to have any special preparation for an MRI scan?
- Can I eat and drink after I have had an MRI scan?
- Can I bring a relative or friend to an MRI scan appointment?