Do I need to prepare or do anything differently before my ultrasound scan appointment?
We’ll let you know about anything you need to do differently before your scan when we send your appointment letter. For example:
- If your pelvis, kidney or bladder are being scanned, you may need to have a full bladder
- For some scans (such as the gallbladder and pancreas) you may be asked to fast for several hours
- Please let us know in advance if you’ve had another ultrasound scan recently
- If you’re diabetic, please bring some food and your medication to the centre
At Prime Health you can get an ultrasound scan quickly and efficiently. Our service is built around your need...
- View and download our Patient Leaflet for an Ultrasound scan at Prime Health
- When will I get the results from my ultrasound scan?
- Can I eat and drink after my ultrasound scan?
- What will happens during my ultrasound scan?
- Can I bring a relative/friend to my ultrasound scan appointment?
- Does an ultrasound scan feel uncomfortable?
- How long does an ultrasound take?
- What will happen before my ultrasound?
- Are there any risks or side-effects from an ultrasound scan?
- Who will perform my ultrasound?