What is an ultrasound scan?
An ultrasound scan is a picture of part of the inside of the body. It uses sound waves of a frequency above the audible range of the human ear. A small hand-held sensor pressed carefully against the skin surface generates sound waves and detects any echoes reflected back off the surfaces and tissues of our internal organs. The sensor can be moved over the skin to view the organs from different angles. The images are displayed on a screen and recorded for subsequent study.
At Prime Health you can get an ultrasound scan quickly and efficiently. Our service is built around your need...
- When will I get the results from my ultrasound scan?
- Can I eat and drink after my ultrasound scan?
- What will happens during my ultrasound scan?
- Can I bring a relative/friend to my ultrasound scan appointment?
- Do I need to prepare or do anything differently before my ultrasound scan appointment?
- Does an ultrasound scan feel uncomfortable?
- How long does an ultrasound take?
- What will happen before my ultrasound?
- Are there any risks or side-effects from an ultrasound scan?
- Who will perform my ultrasound?