What is an MRI?
An MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) scan is a painless procedure. It uses radio frequency waves and strong magnetic fields to create a series of detailed pictures showing ‘slices’ of the body. These images allow doctors to examine almost any area of your body, as well as monitor the effectiveness of previous therapies. An MRI scan can diagnose problems that can’t be assessed satisfactorily with other imaging methods such as x-ray, ultrasound, or CT (computed tomography) scanning.
Prime Health gives you fast access to the latest digital x-ray technology. The experience is built around you...
Prime Health gives you fast access to the latest MRI expertise and 3T technology so you can get diagnosed and ...
- View and download our Patient Leaflet for MRI scans at Prime Health
- I need an MRI scan, can I self refer?
- How long does an MRI scan take?
- What happens after my MRI scan?
- When will I get the results of my MRI scan?
- Are there any side-effects from an MRI scan?
- What are the safety and security procedures at my MRI appointment?
- Who will I see at the appointment for an MRI scan?
- What happens at an MRI scan?
- Do I need to have any special preparation for an MRI scan?