What will happen before my ultrasound?
The radiologist or sonographer will explain what’s involved in detail, and you will be able to ask any questions before giving consent to proceed with the examination. *For more information about Informed Consent please visit: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/consent-to-treatment/.
If you are required to remove any clothing for the procedure, you’ll be shown to a private cubicle where you can change into a gown.
If you require a chaperone for the examination, please inform the radiologist or sonographer.
At Prime Health you can get an ultrasound scan quickly and efficiently. Our service is built around your need...
- When will I get the results from my ultrasound scan?
- Can I eat and drink after my ultrasound scan?
- What will happens during my ultrasound scan?
- Can I bring a relative/friend to my ultrasound scan appointment?
- Do I need to prepare or do anything differently before my ultrasound scan appointment?
- Does an ultrasound scan feel uncomfortable?
- How long does an ultrasound take?
- Are there any risks or side-effects from an ultrasound scan?
- Who will perform my ultrasound?
- Does Prime Health provide ultrasound scans for pregnant women?